Sunday, June 14, 2009

A Delicious Delight

With gas prices on the rise, we have been trying to be smart about making unnecessary trips. So this morning, after church we stopped at Wal-Mart on the way home (because the one closest to us is gross) for what seemed like an ordinary trip.

Until we found these bad boys...

That's right - you don't have to go to Checkers for greasy, delicious french fries anymore! They come in a frozen bag! We were super excited but a little skeptical. Could this bag o' taters possibly compare with the drive-thru delicacy we all know and love? We cooked some up for lunch and the answer is YES! In fact, they may be even BETTER than the real thing - all the deliciousness, much less grease (plus you don't have to deal with grumpy employees or your car smelling like fast food for days). This is one of my proudest discoveries yet :)

In other news, with my family hopping all over the world this summer, I have had a major urge to do some traveling of my own, and I am excited to say that we just bought plane tickets to go visit David's family over the 4th of July. Roanoke may not compare with Italy, but it is a trip and I am pretty pumped nonetheless! Bon Voyage, Orlando!

2 comments:

  1. Remember when Adam left those french fries in the middle console of my backseat in the Oldsmobile and it smelled worse than anything on the planet but I didn't know what it was? That was horrible. But those frozen fries seem amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you advertised your findings at Wal-Mart. I will defiantly have to try them out!!!

    ReplyDelete