Sunday, July 12, 2009

Freebies & Goodbyes

This week has been a week of...my favorite...free things!

We had been looking forward to Chick-Fil-A's "Cow Appreciation Day" for awhile, so it was our bright spot in the midst of dealing with car insurance and packing, but we didn't get around to making our cow costumes until Friday mid-morning. That said, we missed free breakfast BUT we made up for it by eating free chicken for lunch and twice for dinner. If you're not familiar with Cow Appreciation Day, it's simple - you dress up like a cow and get a free combo. Hooray! On Friday, between the 2 of us we got: 20 nuggets, 5 large fries, a chicken salad sandwich, a Chick-Fil-A sandwich, a chargrilled & fruit salad, a chicken club sandwich and 6 large drinks. Unfortunately, we didn't take any pictures of our cow costumes but we looked awesome!

Also, since last night was July 11 (or 7/11), 7-11 stores were giving away free 7.11 oz. slurpees! I don't even like slurpees but I love free stuff so I got one anyways :)

This morning, we went to church one last time and told our fabulous Sunday School class bye. We'll miss them, but consoled ourselves afterwards with one last awesome lunch. Have I mentioned before that our church's cafe makes the BEST HOMEMADE CHIPS EVER?! They do. They are awesome, crispy, seasoned planks of potato goodness and they're only $1. God bless! No kidding, the food is so good at this church that David surprised me by taking me to lunch there one day last week. But I digress...so we grabbed some chips and headed to Downtown Disney to eat at...Earl of Sandwich! If you haven't been to this jewel of a restaurant, locate one near you or book a flight to Orlando immediately. It's that good. Yum.

This ridiculously amazing meal could only be topped off by one dessert - a Cookie Bottom Sundae from Ghirardelli. So we did it. We are total fatties, but hey it's our last day in Orlando, we needed to go out with a bang.

Other than eating our way through life, everything is going well. We rented a mini-van (...which is an extra $15/day if you're under 24. Really? I can be married. I can vote. I can go to war. I can buy alcohol. I can't rent a mini-van?) and are mostly packed up and ready to move. Jupiter Island, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment