Friday, August 7, 2009

Hello Again!

It has been a long time since I've updated this bad boy, but there has been a lot going on. Here are some of the high points (kind of in chronological order):

1. We went to lunch at Havana Hideout. We are "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives" junkies and when it was featured on the show and we realized it was in our 'hood, we just had to try it. They make fabulous Cuban food and even though we had a hard time handling some of heat (apparently Cubans are into spice. We're not.), our food was deeeelicious!

2. David's mom and brother, Brent, came to visit us! We had a really fun week of eating out (A LOT - we love eating. Can you tell?!), spending time at the pool/beach and playing uno. I learned that I am pretty good at the first 2 of those, but not so hot at the latter. Oh well.

3. I got a job! David and I have both been looking for part-time jobs so we can still enjoy our little indefinite beach vacation and I found a fabulous job as a receptionist at the local Aveda salon. It smells delicious and is super relaxing, which is a long-shot from my time at Disney. I started yesterday so today was my 2nd day - so far, so good! I'm also still helping out with marketing for Tate Investments so I'm feeling busy again and I like it.

4. My parents decided to come visit for Fall Break in October. I'm pretty pumped about seeing them again without the craziness of wedding planning!

5. David started blogging again! His new addresss is: http://davidbeachblog.blogger.com so check it out.

We love living on the beach. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment