Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Sure, I'll cut your hair...

Africa Journal - January 31, 2011

Another successful day in Kokstad today. I’m still not a big fan of the city but it’s growing on me…and the more time I spend in Tabankulu, the more I appreciate Kokstad.


Most importantly – we have tickets back to America in March! Ironically, they are the same tickets we originally had from Cape Town to Geneva, so it will be interesting to see who else from the original team ends up on our flight, since Sam is already back in Switzerland and Maite is staying in J-Bay to do a DTS. It’s amazing that in a month we’ll be home and not being able to travel at the end doesn’t bother me at all, I am just ready to be back in America again.

This morning, on the way to Kokstad, we saw a group of women standing on the side of the road with orange highway cones on their heads. Sunday, I cut David’s hair with a pair of safety scissors. South Africa is up in grief because Nelson Mandela was in the hospital. All of Egypt is on strike. I miss the normalcy of life in America. I have a compulsive need to “nest.”

We’re watching WWE Raw. TIA.

No comments:

Post a Comment