Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A Bump in the Road

Can you believe that it is already February? 2011 flew by, and if January is any indication of what the rest of 2012 will be like, I am predicting a hurricane of a year. However...it's 66 degrees out today (I'm trapped inside but I hear it's beautiful), so if this is what "global warming" causes, bring it on!

This morning, as I drove to work, there was a beautiful rainbow over the mountains. I posted it on Instagram, and ironically, just saw that last year's journal was all about driving through the mountains too. I often complain about our little commute into Roanoke, but am quickly humbled when I remember the painful rides we were taking last year. Yikes.

Happy February!

February 1, 2011
…and we are back in Godeka. Not surprisingly, little has changed here. We got lucky with the bakkie situation and were able to sit in the front seat all the way back, which made the trip much more bearable and it is nice to finally be out of Tabankulu again. Driving through the mountains was beautiful – and so much more enjoyable from the front seat than the bumpy, crowded back. It’s good to be “home” and I’m looking forward to seeing what is in store for us over the next 2 weeks here.

No comments:

Post a Comment