Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Gone Fishing

This past month has been crazy. Nicole was in Italy for a couple weeks and there have been lots of fun family activities.

I've been trying to spend more time outside and keep myself from sitting in front of my computer all the time. It's a challenge because I want to be productive, but there's something relaxing about the fresh air. One of my favorite activities has become fishing. And I've caught quite a few bass over the past few weeks. I'm turning into a bassmaster.
Bass Fishing

Nicole and I also had a great time together this past weekend. We had a date night on Friday night and went up to Eggleston to The Palisades Restaurant. This place is in the middle of nowhere in Giles County but it's features amazing food in a really charming atmosphere. I ordered the pizza and it was some of the best I've had in a long time.
Palisades Restaurant Eggleston

We finished off the weekend with a day-trip to Lynchburg. It was a beautiful afternoon and we had a Groupon to use for tubing on the James River. We went with the James River Float Company and I would highly recommend it to anyone. It was a leisurely 1.5 hour ride on the river with great views of Downtown Lynchburg and some of the surrounding mountains. I wish I had a picture of us on the river but we left our phone/cameras in the car to make sure they didn't get wet.


Until next time...don't stop the party!

-David

No comments:

Post a Comment