Monday, November 16, 2009

The Weekend

This weekend was definitely eventful for us. We spent Friday morning rounding up gifts for the kids that we are sponsoring for Operation Christmas Child and then headed down to Boca for some fun. We spent less than $30 to fill up boxes for at least 2 kids, which was pretty eye-opening, especially if you've seen my Christmas list this year! When did Christmas turn into such a consumer holiday?

Anyways, speaking Christmas (and those who don't celebrate it), Boca was fabulous, as always. We went to eat dinner at Maggianos but took advantage of the beautiful weather and walked around a pretty sweet park before stuffing ourselves silly. We discovered mutual love of gnocci, which is great because we have a LOT of it leftover in the fridge!

Saturday was interesting, mostly because it was the end of my job at the spa. Things just weren't working out, but I am not disappointed in the least. Financially, things will be a little tight but otherwise this is fabulous news, as it was just not a good situation at all. We didn't have time to mope around though, because the Stallings and the Litters came over to watch football and hang out. I tested out a new recipe on them, which passed with flying colors.

Ingredients:
1 can pumpkin
1 box spice mix

Directions:
Mix well, bake following directions on cake box (either in a glass pan like brownies or in muffin tins). Optional: Heat cream cheese icing and drizzle over the top.

These little guys are really good, really moist and have a lot more spice flavor than pumpkin.

Anyways, we had some church commitments on Sunday and the weather was gorgeous so we walked around CityPlace and soaked it all up. Today was my first day as a stay at home wife, but it was great and I don't know if I ever want to go back to work. It feels great to be so productive - I have done a ton of laundry, dishes and cleaning that we've neglected. I don't know how people with families and activities keep up with everything!

I'm already planning all of the productive things to do tomorrow, I'm free!

No comments:

Post a Comment