Saturday, January 30, 2010

Project 365 Days 28 & 29

Day 29:
At church this Sunday, we are beginning a series on the heartbreaking topic of human trafficking. We had a meeting last night to introduce the idea to all the leaders/volunteers and it's pretty intense - especially when they start talking about 8 year old girls who are forced into prostitution. I hope that people will really be touched and moved to action this weekend as they learn that this is not only a problem in 3rd world countries, but here in America as well. In fact, last week there was a raid on a home full of trafficked women right here in Palm Beach County! Today's picture is of my arm (ick, I know, it's winter I need a tan) and the "Freedom" bracelets we're giving out to remind people of the issue. For more information on the modern day abolitionist movement, check out Love 146 or the Not For Sale website.


Day 28:
Once upon a time, a long, long time ago, Amazon had a sale with a bunch of $5 magazines, including my favorite, Real Simple. So I ordered it and it finally arrived! Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment